Monday, October 12, 2009

Hello. My name is Tim and I'm a Life-aholic.

Good morning class.

The purpose of this blog is hard to define. After all, why does one document their thoughts and experiences for the world to see?

Well, I just moved to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands one week ago to take a job at a hotel. I've have had so many incredible experiences in the past seven days, yet when I try to recall the events that occurred and the order in which they took place, I am at a loss. So here we reach the first reason to have this blog - documentation.

YET - mere documentation is not enough. I know my attention cannot afford its time be wasted with stale words and storylines. Neither can yours. The words that make this blog their home don't always have to be true, but they do have to be entertaining. And so we have reached reason number two to have this blog - entertainment.

I just stared at the wall for three minutes, in a trance, because I thought I saw a bug. And so we have reached reason number three - I have a short attention span.

And finally, there is one more reason this blog should - nay MUST exist. The reason is this: My Friends are Going to be Bored at Work.

There that about covers it. The next few blogs will be flashbacks (yes John, like in LOST) so that I can try to get everyone up to speed. You stay classy, Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment