Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Return of Rae Rae

To start, I need to apologize in advance for any misspellings. I was not supposed to work this morning but Kier got a migraine and asked me to cover the rest of her shift. I am pretty sure I'd blow at least a 0.22 right now (blow? gayyyy)

I have to start with the current - about 17 seconds after Kier left, a friend of the family that owns this establishment came into the office, seeking a computer with which to check the internet. He speaks Polish, Russian, German, Afghanistan, Dachshund, Martian and MS-DOS, but he does not speak English. He put his phone on speaker while checking his voicemail - and I don't know if its a Europe thing, but his PIN was probably 700 digits long. I felt like he was trying to play "Louie Louie" on his brick. To punish him I'm playing Jay-Z's "December 4th" over and over again - a great song, just not 300 times in a row.

Alright, to last night. Everyone's shifts ended (including DC holding down the bar and walking into the apartment with $500 in ones) and we decided that we should steer ourselves over to Shipwreck. We got a chance to hang out with the Family Meal Fridays crew, so we were all just around the same general area when something happened. I don't mean to get anybody alarmed - its just not a very common thing down here in the VIs.

Ok here it is - a single girl came up to DC and started flirting with him. I know, right? Nothing but love for DC - he is not the issue in this connundrum. The problem is the severe lack of single girls on this island! Every girl here is seriously spoken for.

So a beat passes until she decides to introduce herself to the rest of the table(s). A resounding "Hey y'all, my name's Valerie Rae" overcame the vicinity, and I dropped everything (the sweater I was knitting): I had heard this voice before. "But where?" I asked myself, accidentally out loud. Was it from work? Was is from a beach? No - the "Hey y'all" was too distinguishable. One thing was clear - this girl has worked at a Hooters.

I snapped my head around like a switchblade and screamed "My God - You're Rae Rae!" Rae Rae had been Master of Ceremonies in the prior week's Sunday football exploits, specifically when she got Mini to crow for us. Rae Rae has a thick southern accent. Other things Rae Rae has include knee high socks in 80 degree weather and an 11 month old child.

After some serious dancing and some serious drinking, we somehow got home. They even played "Call on me" so I could do the workout dance. What's on tap for tonight? Well its Sunday so I think we'll take it easy, maybe just some karaoke at Fat Boys. And maybe three fingers of glenlivet. And maybe a few rounds of shots, although one shot is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment