Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Absolute Best Beach Body Ever

Rae Rae and Nicole came over for a night of drinking and fun. Apparently Nicole thought we were going out and about, because she was dressed to the nines. Short sundress, made up like a pro and the ladies were just hanging. We lived, we laughed, we tried playing Clue but couldn't figure out the rules... at the end of the day Nicole and I had plans to take the ferry to St. John the next morning.

Now driving on this island is crazy, which I can get to later, but long story short I got lost. When I finally showed up to the Hooters House 30 minutes late (yes there is a house, and its like Bermuda's Triangle - no house phone, no cell reception, down lost long alley), St. Thomas decided to bless us with rain. We once again got lost on the way - this time on the way to the dock in Red Hook - but made it just in time to make the 1pm ferry. Apparently, a terrible cloud of rainy weather follows Nicole around everywhere she goes because it rained the entire 20 minute boat ride.

We went to Woody's and got a seafood platter, we went to Cinnemon Bay, we got R & R's at the Tap Room. In short, we covered all the bases. I'm pretty sure I can pin the exact moment of "botch" as the moment she woke up from her short nap on the beach and saw me coming out of the water. I'd have to guess it looked something like Hasselhoff out of Baywatch if he was 20 pounds overweight and took a baseball bat to the face. Needless to say, things didn't work out. At least I still have Ursula.

Later that night, she disclosed her least favorite word as "forget about it". I felt it was my civic duty to inform her that "forget about it" is actually three words. Things like this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment