Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fat Turtle Fridays

It had been a while since just Kier and I went out - and since DC was over at Matty's for a while, we decided it was just what the doctor ordered. Go-go gadget taxi driver!

Its a Friday night. I'd never been to Fat Turtle on a Friday night because we usually have Family Meal Fridays but couldn't this week because our head chef got called into work. It was pandemonium. There were girls everywhere. Shots were flowing like wine. There was loud 'boomchik' music blasting. What is boomchik music? Just say that word over and over at a quick pace and a regular beat and you'll find out.

Out of a sea of people, a single captain emerges. Brent rushes up to us, definitely a few deep, and hugs us like we found his lost puppy. The first thing Kiersten says is, "Tim needs you to find him a girl." That's why I love her, she just gets straight to the point. Brent grabs me and steers me over to Bree, a very attractive tall blond who was in a group talking to one of his roommates. He just says, "This is Tim. He's single." And then walks away.

Is it wrong that I assume everyone from Canada loves hockey? Apparently not, because Bree lives outside of Vancouver and roots for the Leafs. A short while later I returned to Brent and Kier when out of nowhere Jacob shows up with Patrickson. Jacob is a Scuba Instructor and he was supposed to join DC and I as well as the main guy Homer for a dive in the morning. The one thing Jacob told us was not to get shitfaced. Then he shows up at Fat Turtle and orders about 50 rounds of shots. Needless to say, Jacob had "car trouble" in the morning.

BTW I absolutely slayed the dance floor. Girls were hanging off my every move as if I was the new Twilight movie. Why didn't I bring anyone home? Because you need more than good dance moves to cage this beast.

1 comment: