Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mom Don't Read This Post

Wednesday was my day off. I had the entire day to do whatever I pleased. Which is why when I couldn't fall back asleep at 8:03 am (after cleaning up the tootsie roll with a side of lemonade that Ziggy, the house dog, had blessed us with just minutes prior) I said I'm gonna make some major progress in Tiger Woods 2009 on DC's PS3. And since it was my day off, and I play much better with a little buzz on, I poured myself a rum and coke.

Around noon and a few drinks later, I realized that the rum was 151 proof. I shrugged it off and mix another drink - after all (and not to overemphasize this point) it was my day off.

2pm rolls around and the shift changes - as DC leaves I decide now is a good time for a nap. I get maybe 10 minutes in before Kier bursts through the door with Jared, Greg and Brent. They were all meeting Justin at the beach volleyball court and they decided I was going to be their sixth. When I say "they decided", I want to make it clear that I had absolutely no choice in the matter. And, by "no choice" I mean Kiersten jumped onto my bed and started beating me with her fists.

Mind you that I've never played beach volleyball. The only volleyball I've ever played was for one gym class in 7th grade, making my grand total of experience 43 minutes. Also mind you that I was completely hammered. This was the most extensive volleyball marathon in the history of mankind. We may have only played for four or five hours, but I felt like it had been three years. Even with the extended duration of playing time, I had a blast. I was diving left and falling right - trying to make blocks and failing epically. I'm pretty sure I tore a few ligaments in my left knee, but that story may have to wait for another day (if confirmed).

The sun FINALLY sets and saves my life. The M.O. then became what we were going to be doing for dinner that night. Fat Turtle was only steps away, and a mean Margherita Pizza was in order. We finish up and leave Yacht Haven. This is when I should have gone home if I was a responsible individual. But, if I had, I would have missed out on an incredible night.

As we are approaching Hull Bay I look up and the sky is incredibly clear. There is not a doubt in my mind that these are the most stars I've ever seen in the sky. We park and one of our hosts has a few fresh bags of mushrooms. I'm not speaking of the Portobello variety. I had never experienced nor had I ever had the inclination to experience psychedelic mushrooms. He starts to chop them up and make a mushroom coffee, which apparently is more of a "full body high". I passed and went with Brent to pick up a few lady friends that were going to be joining the party.

We arrive at a bar to which I've never been to find two gorgeous Canadian girls (one was Bree from a previous post), and by 'Canadian' I not only mean the country in which they hold citizenship but also the fact that they were hammered drunk. By the time we got back to the house the coffee was done and since the girls were all about it, I took half of a small cup.

We made our way down to the beach and laid down, staring at the horizon and the sky. I thought it was clear on the ride to Hull Bay - this time I could see about twice as many stars as before. The beauty of the moonlight kissing the boats at anchor was unbelievable, and we spent a good five hours just enjoying the scenery and each other's company. Eventually the night had to end (read: it was 2am and I had to work at 8am), so we gathered our coolers, our inflatable rafts and ourselves and went our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment